Wednesday 7 September 2011

Reading gig....the end of the bluetones (part 1)

It finally arrived. That day that seemed so far away. The first of my four gigs on the Farewell Tour at sub89 in Reading.

The set list:


Unpainted Arizona  ..straight into...


...Zorro









Surrendered







Fast Boy


Autophilia






Cut Some Rug


Tiger Lily


Bluetonic (at this point the crowd start to warm up)








A New Athens


Sleazy Bed Track


After Hours (a personal favourite of mine but it seemed a lot of people around me were unfamiliar with this one)
Keep the Home Fires Burning


Solomon Bites the Worm

Marblehead Johnson (at this point I was joined by some idiot bloke who tried to steal MY SPACE while he sang along, he wandered off when this song ended)


Carry Me Home

Slight Return (Richard Payne playing acoustic. Idiot bloke from earlier wanders back to sing along to the only other song he knows/likes)


Never Going Nowhere (Mark introduces this as his favourite...interesting, it's also mine....)


(The boys pretend that's the end and exit stage)

Slack Jaw (Mark's mandolin failed to play along though. He tries to give us a technical explanation.... 'it's f***ed')


If


(More pretending the gig is over and the boys return wearing their dressing gowns and carrying flowers)

COVER version of Baby Give it Up (personally, no thanks. You have SOOOO many brilliant songs of your own...sing one of those instead)


Mark thanks everyone for their support over the years...and then...


A Parting Gesture (and yes, I did shed a tear at this point)



Looking at my first blog and comparing the set list I wished for and the one I got I am more than happy.


I have mixed feelings about the inclusion of Richard on this farewell tour, it'll be interesting to see what other fans have to say on that one.


The next gig will be Shepherd's Bush on the 16th. In the meantime I am going to sort out getting my photos on here and reliving the gig in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment